Gustafson Nicolai pc 2015 Successes
The year 2015 was a year of growth and achievement for our team at Gustafson Nicolai pc. In 2015, we focused on dedicating ourselves to our clients and providing our clients with excellent and cost-effective service, and concomitant outstanding results. Among other achievements, we:
- Obtained a $2.3 million judgment on behalf of a wine company client in a litigation matter in San Diego, CA.
- Successfully defended and settled favorably a lawsuit against our client, a local, trendy bakery and restaurant, alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Tenaciously advocated for and defended a financial advisor and financial services company being investigated by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. The SEC subsequently dropped its investigation.
- Achieved a dismissal of a criminal complaint against our client alleging battery.
- Enforced a sister-state judgment from Texas on behalf of a client from Houston whereby we were able to cooperate with a Texas court-appointed Receiver to levy the bank accounts of the judgment debtor (now residing in California) and then effectuate a settlement with regard to the remaining amounts owed by the judgment debtor to our client.
- Negotiated and settled multiple personal injury matters involving automobile accidents.
- Assisted fast-food franchisee clients in negotiating and eliminating their debts with a large financing corporation; we also assisted these same clients in selling one of their franchises for a large sum of money and helping them avoid having the franchise forcibly taken from them in an unlawful detainer action.
- Defended and settled a dog bite matter for a small fraction of what the plaintiff “victim” was claiming in damages.
- In a pro bono matter, defended and successfully negotiated a plea deal for a criminal defendant accused of residential burglary and receipt of stolen property in which the defendant received probation and an opportunity upon successful completion of his probation term to reduce the felony charges to a misdemeanor and then expunge the matter.
- Assisted multiple clients in forming corporations and advising them on issues affecting their startup companies.
- Worked in tandem with other law firms to successful resolve several securities matters involving FINRA arbitrations and regulatory inquiries and investigations.
- Assisted and advised a client in forming her own Registered Investment Advisory firm.
- Successfully assisted several clients in aggressively pursuing collections matters and then managing and enforcing settlement agreements and collecting amounts owed to our clients.
- Advised homeowners association (HOA) clients on multiple matters affecting their communities and Boards of Directors.
- Applied for and successfully obtained multiple trademarks for various clients.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on multiple legal and regulatory issues.
At Gustafson Nicolai pc, we are proud of our record. Please let us know how we can help you with any of your legal issues.
Posted by Adam C. Nicolai, Esq. and Ryan Gustafson, Esq., June 1, 2016